The wait for Galaxy S3 smartphone users is finally over with Samsung officially rolling out the much much awaited Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update ( I9300XXUGMK7 firmware ) in India. We are getting confirmation from our readers that they have been able to downloaded the update successfully via Kies server, desktop tool and notice the updated user-interface along with features like Knox security platform, Smart Switch, Group Play 2.5 and more.
As this is a official firmware, you do not need to root your devices before manually installing the new firmware.
To download and install the software manually on the Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone, users need to follow these simple and quick steps:
Make sure to back up your data
Make sure that your device is fully charged.
Download the firmware preferably using a Wifi network
1. Start by downloading and installing the latest version of Kies software on PC or MAC. ( For the Windows version of Kies, select the download for Smart Phones before Sept 2013)
2. Now launch the installer and allow Kies to install on your system. If you are prompted to reboot the system, do so
3. Now you will need to connect your device to the PC or laptop using a USB cable.
4. Kies will recognize your device and you will see a pop-up. Now click update and follow through the instructions
5. Kies will begin downloading firmware upgrade, make sure you do not disconnect the cable connected to the PC or shut it off
6. When the update process has completed, click OK
7. Now you can disconnect your device from the PC
8. Restart your device and enjoy the Android 4.3 goodness on your Galaxy S3
The over-the-air notification (OTA) should also be visible on the device when the update is released in the region – it should be rolled out in a phased manner, so don’t worry if you haven’t spotted the notification as yet.
Download Update OTA (size: 408 MB)
1. From any home screen touch Menu > Settings > About device > Software update.
2. If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, you will receive a prompt to connect.
3. If the update is not available, you will receive the message The device is up to date.