1. Micromax Canvas 4: Micromax’s latest creation has really created a rage in the Indian smartphone arena, specially with its gesture controls. With its functional specs, the phone promises to take the tech giant to new heights of popularity. It ships with a 5-inch HD IPS capacitive touchscreen display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass and packs in a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The Canvas 4 is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek ARM Cortex A7 processor, a 2,000 mAh battery, a 1 GB RAM and Android’s 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS.
The phablet houses a 13-megapixel primary camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording capability and a 5-megapixel front-facing shooter. It packs in 16 GB of internal memory which can be expanded externally by up to 32 GB. Micromax’s flagship offers users connectivity options including 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS.
2. Xolo Play T1000: This phone is a gamer’s dream come true. Powered by Nvidia’s Tegra 3 quad-corre 1.5 GHz processor, a 1 GB RAM, a 2000 mAh battery, a battery saver core and a 12-core GeForce GPU , this Android 4.1 handset stands out from the crowd in more ways than one. It sports a 4.7-inch capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and pixel density of 293ppi, complete with a HD IPS one-glass solution.
Armed with TegraZone, NVIDIA’s PRISM Display Technology and a 3D Gaming feature, this phone is ideal for a console-like gaming experience. Throw in its 8-megapixel primary snapper, 2-megapixel front shooter, externally expandable 4 GB of inbuilt memory and connectivity options like 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS and you have a sure-shot winner.
3. Wickedleak Wammy Passion Z+: Successor to the Wammy Passion Z, this smartphone is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 Turbo processor, a PowerVR SGX544MP GPU and 1GB of RAM. The Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean smartphone houses a gorgeous 5-inch full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and a pixel density of 441ppi that is protected by a scratch resistant glass.
The phone is also equipped with a 13-megapixel rear camera that boasts of a BSI sensor and 1080p video recording capability. The handset’s front facing snapper is a 2-megapixel one. Wickedleak’s latest creation ships with 4GB internal storage, expandable externally by up to 64 GB, and connectivity choices including 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3D speakers, GPS and dual-SIM support.
4. Karbonn Titanium S9: Out to give the Canvas 4 a run for its money, the Titanium S9 is a fully loaded device as well. The Android 4.2 Jelly Bean handset is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, a 2,600 mAh battery and a 1 GB RAM. It packs in an internal memory of 16 GB which can be further expanded externally by up to 32 GB.
Connectivity options on the smartphone include 3G, Wif-Fi and Bluetooth. Its camera set-up consists of a 13-megapixel primary snapper with autofocus and LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing shooter. Karbonn’s new flagship boasts of a large 5.5-inch IPS HD capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
5. Lenovo S920: Lenovo is hoping to win a few hearts of its own with its S920 smartphone. The tech giant’s creation runs on a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor, a 2,250 mAh battery and a 1 GB RAM, along with Android’s 4.2.1 Jelly Bean platform. It houses a 5.3-inch screen with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and a pixel density of 277ppi. 4 GB of its internal storage can be expanded externally by up to another 32 GB. The 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS enabled phablet is also equipped with an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front facing snapper.
6. Celkon A119Q Signature HD: Celkon’s smartphone holds its ground this month with plenty of goodies of its own. It’s creator has given it a 5-inch IPS touchscreen display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean smartphone is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and a 2,100 mAh battery which are helped along with a RAM of 1 GB. The phablet’s 4 GB of in-built memory can be expanded externally by another 32 GB. Its camera set-up is worth writing home about too, since it consists of a 12-megapixel auto-focus rear snapper and a 3-megapixel front shooter. Connectivity wise, the phone supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G.
7. iBall Andi 4.7G Cobalt: Powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Cortex A7 processor, 1 GB of RAM and a 2,200 mAh battery, iBall’s Cobalt runs on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. It houses a 4.7-inch IPS HD capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels along with a 12-megapixel primary camera and a 5-megapixel front snapper. iBall has built its smartphone with 16 GB of internal storage which is further expandable by another 32 GB externally. It has also given it various connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G.
8. Lava Iris 504Q: Powered by a 1.2 GHz processor, a 2,000 mAh battery and a 1 GB RAM, the Lava Iris 504Q is a lean, mean Android 4.2 Jelly Bean machine too. It houses a 5-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 720 pixels. Though it ships with 4 GB of internal storage, it does pack in support for external memory expansion with a microSD card by up to 32 GB. The sleek handset ships with an 8-megapixel rear sensor and a 2-megapixel front facing camera and offers users 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS connectivity.
9. Lemon A4: Among all those big players, Lemon is hoping to grab some eyeballs of its own with its A4 smartphone. It has built its device around a 1.2 GHz Mediatek quad-core Cortex A7 chipset, a 1,850 mAh battery and a 1GB RAM. Lemon has given the A4 an internal memory of 16 GB, which is expandable by up to 64 GB externally. The phone packs in a 5-inch 1080p Full HD IPS display, a 13.1-megapixel primary camera with auto-focus and flash and a 5-megapixel front shooter. Connectivity wise, the Android phone boasts of support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G and GPS.
10. Videocon A55HD: Videocon’s offering ships with support for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS/A-GPS and is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, a 2,000mAh battery and 1 GB of RAM. The Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1 handset is equipped with a 5-inch OGS capacitive display offering a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. It also packs in an 8-megapixel rear shooter with auto-focus and a 3.2-megapixel front-facer. Its internal storage stands at 4 GB which is further expandable externally by another 32 GB.